FALLS CHURCH, Va. –
As of May 1, the Active Duty Dental Program (ADDP) is available both in the continental United States (CONUS) and outside the continental United States (OCONUS). United Concordia Companies, Inc. (United Concordia) administers the ADDP benefits worldwide. This means all eligible active duty service members (ADSMs) can now contact United Concordia for all their ADDP civilian dental care needs.
“Oral health is important to service members’ well-being,” said Doug Elsesser, program analyst with the Defense Health Agency’s TRICARE Dental Program. “The Active Duty Dental Program is one way we keep our service members healthy. This ensures they can do their jobs and be ready to deploy.”
ADDP is broken up into two service areas. The CONUS service area includes:
- United States
- U.S. Virgin Islands
- Puerto Rico
- American Samoa
- Northern Mariana Islands
The OCONUS service area includes all other countries, island masses, and territorial waters.
Here’s who the ADDP covers both CONUS and OCONUS.
In CONUS locations, the ADDP is for ADSMs who are:
- Referred from a military dental clinic. A military dental clinic is also known as a military dental treatment facility (DTF). DTF-referred care is only available to service members in the CONUS service area.
- Remotely located. You must live and work 50 miles or more from a military dental clinic.
In OCONUS locations, the ADDP is for ADSMs who are:
- Remotely located. You also must be enrolled in TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas. This means if you aren’t in a remote OCONUS location, you aren’t eligible for the ADDP. You should get all your dental care from your assigned military dental clinic.
As described in the TRICARE Active Duty Dental Program Brochure, ADSMs should make sure they’re eligible for the ADDP before seeking civilian dental care. You must be eligible for the ADDP at the time you receive your dental care. If you aren’t sure if you are, check your eligibility. You can learn how on the ADDP website.
Are you an ADSM with questions about overseas dental care you received prior to May 1, 2022? You should reach out to the TRICARE Overseas Program contractor for assistance. This is International SOS Government Services, Inc., also referred to as International SOS.
If you need to file dental claims, follow these instructions.
- If you received care before May 1, 2022, submit your claims to International SOS.
- If you received care on or after May 1, 2022, submit your claims to United Concordia.
Remember, good oral health is part of your overall health. Check out the ADDP website to find out how to get the care you need to ensure your dental readiness. You’ll find information about ADDP benefits, finding dentists, dental emergencies, and more. If you need to talk to an ADDP customer service representative, you can contact United Concordia.
Would you like the latest TRICARE news sent to you by email? Visit the TRICARE Subscriptions page today, and create your personalized profile to get benefit updates, news, and more.