The annual open enrollment period starts today! State of Wisconsin Group Health Insurance Program members can make health benefits changes effective January 1, 2023, including:
- picking a different health plan or changing coverage levels
- if eligible, enrolling in or making changes to supplemental coverages like dental, vision, or the accident plan
- if eligible, enrolling in a pre-tax savings account to save money on health care, dependent day care, or transit expenses
New in 2023
Participating health plans will expand service areas and access to providers – which means more choices for all members. Overall, monthly premium rate increases will be moderate.
You may need to take action during open enrollment. First, verify that your health plan is available and your providers are in network for 2023. Have you experienced a life event that would necessitate making coverage or other changes? This is your opportunity to switch to another plan design, or add supplemental benefits. Regardless, all changes must be completed by October 21.
Notable Plan Changes
- WEA Trust will no longer offer health insurance after December 31. If you are currently enrolled in a WEA Trust health plan, you must enroll in a new plan during open enrollment. If you do not enroll in a new health plan, you won’t have coverage as of January 1. Review these resources for changing health plans.
- There are new health plans and provider networks statewide.
- There are new administrators for the Access Plan, Medicare Plus Plan and the State Maintenance Plan.
Make the Most of Open Enrollment
For More Information