Happy Wednesday, people of Las Vegas! Here’s everything you need to know to get this day started. Here’s everything you need to know in town today.
First, today’s weather:
Hot with plenty of sunshine. High: 98 Low: 74.
Are you a local business owner or marketer? We can help you effortlessly run effective ads that reach customers in Las Vegas. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top 3 stories today in Las Vegas:
- Yesterday, Roseman University’s College of Dental Medicine opened up a one of a kind dental office specialized for children with cancer. The dental clinic hopes to help around 2,000-3,000 kids each year, providing a crucial service to families with sick children. It is the only nonprofit clinic in the state, residing inside a cancer treatment facility, and will aid in reducing the wait time patients face. The clinic has state-of-the-art dental technology and will have to offer students a chance to get experience. Roseman University and its Cure 4 The Kids Foundation aim to ease the struggles that these children and their families face with this project and make it easier for them to get treatment. (News3LV)
- MountainView Hospital opened its expanded emergency room yesterday morning.
The new expansion will now hold additional 20 beds to patients, which allows the hospital to host 60 private ER treatment areas. The project was part of MountainView’s $120 million multi-phase expansion, including a five-story patient tower. A five-story, 640-space parking garage is in the process of being built as well. (News3LV)
- Due to contract disagreements, Las Vegas trash collectors could go on strike by the end of this month. The current five-year contract will expire at the end of May. On May 10th, over 1,200 Republic Services union employees, voted to organize a strike. The vote was a result of continuous negotiations and their hope is to gain a contract that is fair and equal for all employees. (Las Vegas Sun)
From our sponsor:
Hey, Las Vegas — need something done in your home? Check out our new Local Businesses feature in Las Vegas to find top-rated local pros for gardening, plumbing, house cleaning and so much more!
- The Las Vegas Valley Water District reminds us as the weather gets warmer that time-of-day watering restrictions are still active! Landscape irrigation is prohibited 11am-7pm. (Facebook)
- The Las Vegas Fire & Rescue held a Touch-a-truck event on Tuesday discussing fire safety and teaching kids about a career in the industry! (Facebook)
- Looking for a new place? Check out these job listings in Las Vegas Area! (Las Vegas Patch)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Thanks for following along and staying informed! I’ll see you around.
— Dominique-Noelle Rafael
About me: Dominique is a self taught UX/UI designer based in Princeton, NJ. She recently graduated from the University of Maryland last spring with a bachelor’s degree in Information Science. She is excited to begin working on the Patch newsletter project this year!